John S. Garner
Mr. Garner is one of the founders and partners in the C.F.O.B. and serves as a consultant to family-owned and closely-held companies and their owners. Formerly serving as President of his own company, Marketplace Consultants, Mr. Garner specializes in market analysis, recruiting and training sales departments, marketing plans, organizational audits and tactical implementation of strategic plans. He has been particularly successful in turnaround management. He also heads the mergers and acquisitions division and is actively involved in business brokerage.
Professional and Community Activities
Mr. Garner has been actively involved in Easter Seals and volunteer fire department fund raising, his local church, and served as founder and past president of Lancaster Business TEAM. Currently, he serves as president of New Vo (a multi-church missions organization).
He has been a member of the International Business Brokers Association and has earned the CBI designation. He has also held memberships in the Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, and National Associations of Realtors.
Educational and Professional Credentials
Mr. Garner is a 1969 graduate with honors from LeTourneau University in Longview, Texas. He did one year of graduate studies at Bob Jones University in Greenville, South Carolina and completed courses in a Master of Leadership Studies Program at Lancaster Bible College in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
He has held real estate and insurance licenses since 1976 and has been awarded the Management and Investment Specialists designations from Century 21.
Experience and Background
Mr. Garner has a broad and varied background in church-related work and in his earlier days served as an Associate Pastor in a Baptist Church in Pennsylvania and a Mission Team leader in Brazil. He has directed educational programs, youth ministries, hospital counseling, organized a bookstore, taught Jr. and Sr. high school, served as a professor and directed the curriculum development for a three-year Bible Institute.
His formal business background includes:
- District Director for Century 21 in South Central and Northeastern Pennsylvania
- Past Executive Director of Century 21 of Eastern Pennsylvania’s Regional Office
- A successful owner of four Century 21 franchises
- Million Dollar producer and District Manager for Franklin Life
- National Equipment and Business Builders Institute
- Society of Business Analysts
- Founder and Director of Willow Abstract (title company)
- Vice President of Forest Homes and Triple H Construction
- Partner and various corporate offices held in three land development companies